A marketing team is a group of individuals with complementary skills. Everyone understands that the only way to achieve marketing goals is collaboration. These means everyone on the team has a input in campaign planning and execution. This is what defines a high performance team and using Agile practices makes this easier.
The fundamental reason Agile marketing is to increase speed and flexibility of teams. By providing the process and activities for people to improve how they work as a team. Removing communication and interpersonal issues that slow teams down. How do you become Agile in marketing is a question we get a lot.
It is important to understand that Agile in software teams is different to marketing. Unlike software team, Agile marketing teams do not deliver working software. Marketing is also not a project, but an ongoing activity. Applying the same principles of Agile in software is a recipe for disaster. How do marketing teams apply Agile?
Adopting Agile across teams requires in-depth training of the whole team. Avoid training providers like the Scrum Alliance because they are not marketing focused. You can learn Agile in the context of marketing team by reading books like:
- Lean Agile Marketing
- Hacking Marketing
- The Agile Marketer
The above-listed books focus on Agile in the context of marketing and not IT software teams. Because the awareness for Agile is growing, it is easy to be misled by IT focused Agile trainers. Learning practical hands-on Agile marketing through case studies is better. Contact Us for our Agile Marketing training course and learn the roadmap.
The course allows you pick topics based on your individual and team requirements. Listed below are the learning objectives for the Agile marketing teams course.
- Introduction to Agile Marketing Principles and concepts.
- Comparison of Agile and Project Management.
- Scrum in the context of marketing.
- Kanban in context of marketing.
- Agile marketing roles.
- Agile marketing tools and software.
- Task dependency analysis.
- Task Planning, Prioritization and tracking.
- Agile marketing for distributed teams.
After completing the training you will discover new ways of working as a marketing team. It will strengthen your existing marketing skills. Marketers who use Agile are able to increase their speed and efficiency as a result. They become more iterative and adaptive to unexpected changes. Listed below are what you will learn during the 2-3 day Agile marketing training. The training is available on-site and online via video conference.
Day 1: Fundamentals
- The purpose of Agile.
- How Agile had evolved.
- Agile Frameworks: Scrum, Kanban, and others.
- What helps and hinders Agile in teams and organisations.
- What do we mean by Agile team?
- Difference between Agile in marketing and software teams.
- History of Agile in marketing.
- Definition of Agile marketing.
- The purpose of Agile marketing.
Day 2: Agile Marketing Approach
- Values and principles of Agile marketing.
- Agile Mindset.
- Team SWOT Analysis.
- Team Charter.
- Competencies of an Agile team members.
- Team communication and networking.
- Building Team alignment.
- Becoming cross-functional and self-organising.
- Improving Team decision-making.
- Improving Team Process.
- Aligning Individual and team goals.
- Managing Team Conflict.
- Team learning.
- Increasing team creativity and innovation.